Sometimes You Just Have to Sleep in The Toilet!
Dakota turned 50 in rabbit years a couple of months ago. Suddenly he’s taken to sleeping in his toilet. His bathroom blurs into all of the other comforts in life. Rabbits are super clean and picky about clean bathrooms. Now, as he approaches geriatric, he’s less concerned–his litter box is now his bed and the rest of the room his litter box.
I only bring this up because I wonder if in these boisterous times we could take some wisdom from Dakota. As he ages, he seeks comfort and his affection for his loved ones is super enthused. He has a few things to say about current times. He’s not a shy rabbit. He puffs up with pride when I ask his opinion on matters of the human heart.
- Sometimes you just have to sleep in the toilet, if for no other reason than to have a ‘pocket of place’ in the world–a room of your own. This will comfort you greatly I promise. Unless you have cold cement a toilet like Niya, then I recommend you re-design it to be like mine, otherwise it could hurt.
- Don’t worry too much about change. You will still get older and need the same things, no matter what. A warm pillow to sleep on, a warm coat to keep you warm, a warm bunny to cuddle with. Focus on those things. Don’t worry about anything extra. Extra’s come, extra’s go.
- Make sure people know you, the things you like. They will give you more of it.
- Don’t worry about being perfect or even hitting your litter box just right. Your people will forgive you and you simply can’t be stressed over minor things like that. Life is to be loved and litter boxes often don’t act right.
- In fact, don’t be perfect at all. To be perfect is to be alone. Life is messy!
- Keep both eyes wide open, trust everyone you can, and those you can’t, run fast. If they are trustworthy they will make it known over time with consistent action. But still keep both eyes open. IF you can get eyes on the side of your head, you should, it’s more effective.
- Have fun at night. Nap in the day. You won’t need therapy at all if you do it this way.
- Make sure you keep lots of carrot juice/happy juice in the house. That way everything can go wrong but you are still alright.
- Love is the thing. Love is the thing. And carrot juice. And that’s about all I have to say.